- Vault Construction
- Directional Drilling
- Cell Tower
Case Study: O’Hare Field
In October, 2006 during the construction of the O’Hare Field expansion a contractor hit and severed an entire duct package near a runway. This was a critical duct package and caused crippling outages at O’Hare. Our customer called us in on an emergency basis to fix the damage. We mobilized immediately and worked around the clock to expose the duct work and make the repair.
Our company is an approved O’Hare Field contractor so we were able to mobilize quickly. For 2 weeks we worked in shifts 24 hours a day to expose and repair the duct package. We also were able to develop and implement a plan to support the repaired duct package while the other contractors brought the new infrastructure through our excavation. After work was completed we ‘concrete-encased’ the entire package and backfilled. All of this work was completed ‘round the clock during a 2 week period with no safety or related airport incidents. This work was difficult because it was in the proximity of live runways and other construction activity. All of our employees were trained in the safety procedures at O’Hare Field so we were able to mobilize immediately and finish the work in a timely manner.
View our case studies to get a better insight on how we do business and how we can help you on your next project.
- Emergency Repair to a Damaged 12 kv circuit
- HDD Pulls Back 26 Ducts
- Building Small Cell Sites - Urban Areas
- Replacing a Light Pole & Foundation for Small Cell Installation
- The Race to the Chicago Marathon
- Magnificent Mile Micro Trench
- Forty Mile Fiber Ring
- Delivering Customer Service with a Joint Trench
- Kentucky Manhole Map
- O’Hare Field
- Manhole Rebuild and Cable Modification
- October 2007 Marin St, Oak Park
For over 60 years, we’ve built an environment within our company where safety is everyone’s responsibility. Every phase of every project, we accept nothing less than an accident-free jobsite. We believe this standard leads to safer and more productive jobsites and that’s why we’re dedicated to having the highest level of protection for our employees, our customers and the general public. That’s our standard.
- 1.3 million ft. of pipe installed by Horizontal Directional Drill
- 700 Tower Antenna and Small Cell Sites 2013
- 1 million ft. of pipe installed by Trench
- 6,000 Communication and power cabinets installed